Join us on SAXONY!visits - A buisness trip to Germany in the topic of Autonomous driving
The SAXONY TRADE & INVEST (WFS) and AMZ would like to invite experts, decision makers, and managers to join us on the business trip “SAXONY!visit-Autonomous Driving”
From May 30, 2022 to June 3, 2022, a delegation of US companies on the subject of highly automated driving will take place in Saxony. Saxony is one of 16 Federal states in Germany
The agenda will include discussions about innovative mobility and autonomous driving solutions for tomorrow. Participants will have the opportunity of meeting new partners and creating cooperations as well as sharing knowledge about the latest technologies, mobility solutions, and their applications.
Presentations of the business location, current technology topics, company visits, workshops, informal discussions, and cultural highlights will round off the program. Various programm points and B2B talks with Saxon companies will take place, to which we cordially invite all Amercian companies.
The delegation week will start on May 30th with a visit to the IFAT, the world’s leading trade fair for water, sewage, waste, and raw materials management in Munich. During this event a US-German consortium will present their highly automated street sweeper for the first time on which US and German firms (Faun, FusionSystems, NAVENTIK and New Eagle) jointly worked on. This brand new technology is currently being developed as part of the “Automated Street Sweeper” project, spearheaded by the AMZ and supported by its partner the Ann Arbor SPARK.
On the other days of the delegation journey, various events and B2B meetings with companies from Saxony will be organized for participants, to which AMZ will invite all its automotive & AV member companies. These B2B events are planned from May 31 to June 2 in the cities of Chemnitz and Leipzig and on June 3 in Dresden.
Monday, May 30, 2022
Location: IFAT, Munich
- Arrival of the American and Saxon delegation in Munich
- Welcome event at the IFAT 2022 at FAUN Viatec’s stand
- Presentation of the American-Saxon project on autonomous driving (Automated Street Sweeper)
- Presentation of other Saxon companies (IFAT)
- Drive to Saxony (Chemnitz)
Tuesday, May 31, 2022
Location: Chemnitz Business Village
- Presentation of the SAXONY TRADE & INVEST and the Saxon State Ministry for Economic Affairs, Labor and Transport
- Introduction of AMZ – Network of Automotive Suppliers in Saxony
- Presentation of CADA – Chemnitz Automated Driving Alliance
- Company presentations
- Conducting a cooperation exchange/project workshop
- Dinner with Saxon companies
Wednesday, June 1, 2022
- Company tour (FusionSystems, Naventik)
- B2B conversations over lunch
- Company tour (on request: IAV)
- Guided tour and/or cultural program
Thursday, June 2, 2022
- Company tour (on request: Faun Viatec GmbH on the topic autonomous driving/electromobility)
- Visit to the vehicle production facility for electric vehicles (on request: VW plant in Moselle, Transparent Factory, BMW plant in Leipzig, Porsche plant in Leipzig)
- Networking Dinner with Saxon companies
Friday, June 3, 2022
- Reception by the state capital of Dresden, Department smart city
- Visit of Technical University Dresden and HTW Dresden (autonomous driving)
Please note programm changes could be possible and may occur.
- Acquiring in-depth knowledge about state-of-the-art technologies
- Gaining direct access to Saxon/German expertise and innovative potential
- Presenting your own key advantages and best practice examples to establish cooperations
- Getting hands-on practical knowledge about Saxon companies
- Identifying and integrating vibrant partners for cooperations designed to solve your own project-related issues
- Establishing cooperations and business relationships as well as developing partnerships
- matchmaking with potential business partners from Germany for technical cooperation, joint ventures/ production, and more
- Developing and expanding your business network in Germany and Europe
Conditions and costs
Your participation in the business trip will be free of charge, but it requires the official confirmation by Saxon organizers
- Matchmaking with Saxon/German companies, company visits in Saxony
- Interpretation services during the official program (if required German-English)
- Transportation in Saxony (to the different sites and program destinations)
- Catering services during the official program
- 2-3 dinners (for example, opening and closing ceremonies)
- Project management and organizational costs
Costs not included / Need to be financed by the participants:
- Travel expenses and insurance
- Costs for flights
- Costs for accommodation in Saxony
- Meals for persons with special dietary needs are at these persons’ own expense
- Short term cancelation fees for travel expense
The SAXONY TRADE & INVEST and AMZ will porpose the accommodation for the entire delegation in advance. Participants need to reconfirm their booking with a credit card (estimated price: EUR 90.00 – EUR 150.00 per night, including VAT). Please note that the visit will start in Munich, Bavaria and will end in Dresden,Saxony. Please take this into account when booking your flights.
- Questions related to project – just contact us
- Complete the registration form
- Do you need an invitation for your management, just let us know
- Optional: take part at a preparation workshop
- Arrange flight booking
- Transfer flight details to organisation team
- Confirm Hotel prebookings
- Get excited and have a safe and good journey
- Enjoy the business trip in Saxony
- Stay in contact to eachother
If you are interested in presenting your company in Germany and you want to join, you can let us know today. Please register for an attendance without a charge.
The entire SAXONY!visits project is coordinated by the SAXONY TRADE & INVEST. It is funded by the Saxon State Ministry of Economic Affairs, Labour and Transport (SMWA). It is part of the BBA-programme with the objective of establishing and expanding cooperations. AMZ is mandated to organize the business trip.
Deadline for Registration: April 25, 2022.
The registration is free of charge. Please note that your participation in the project is only possible after an official confirmation by AMZ and confirmation of the general rules. Some examples of the rules will be contact details of companies will be provided to attendees.
Cost for Traveling to Germany (flights and accomodation) are not included.