ITAS - Initiative Transformation Automotive Region Southwest Saxony
ITAS stands for “Integrated Transformation Design for the Automotive Region Southwest Saxony” and is the collaborative approach of committed stakeholders in the region to bundle their competencies and knowledge to support the automotive supply industry in further developing and adapting their business strategies.
Affected by change in the automotive region of Southwest Saxony:
The graphic illustrates the need to consolidate the existence of the companies by strengthening their innovativeness and to secure the associated jobs. Employees must also be included in this process through targeted qualification and knowledge exchange.
How does the AMZ network contribute as a partner of the ITAS project?
- Input of industry and technology knowledge
- Define innovation topics
- Support network building
- Initiate and push R&D projects and investment projects
The focus is primarily on the areas of automated driving, networked mobility region and the development of skilled workers. ITAS particularly benefits from the communication of AMZ Saxony into its own network, which unites the most important of the companies affected by the transformation process.
“The joint work of the consortium partners and the other regional stakeholders involved is based on a structured mission statement process to develop a regional future vision of sustainable transformation.”
Andreas Wächtler, Network Manager AMZ Saxony
Further ITAS partners:
- Retention, recruitment and development of skilled workers
- Compatibility of work and family + digital work
- Recording and developing practical qualification and training offers
- Networking the continuing education landscape + strengthening continuing education alliances
- Interface to regional alliances for skilled workers
- Analysis of overall social conditions & strategy development for companies
- Promotion of measures and connection to regional planning and state strategies
- Qualified coaching and contact points for companies via so-called helpdesks
- Project management and project controlling for the whole consortium
- Coordination of the mission statement process, the development of the ITAS platform and the learning content
- Organization of networking events
An initial stocktaking and direct exchange between business, politics and society was available at the ITAS Congress on 08 June 2023 in Chemnitz. Follow this link to the event flashback.
Further information on this forward-looking transformation project can also be found under the following links: